Home Insurance

Home Insurance

Buildings, Contents and Buildings & Contents Cover

It’s estimated that around a quarter of UK homes (7 million) are currently without home insurance

Your home is financially protected by home insurance (also known as house insurance cover). If you and your family experience things like theft, fire, or floods, it might be able to help.

There are two parts to home insurance: buildings insurance and content insurance. The two can be a single policy or you can have them as a combined policy.

What is buildings and contents cover?

Buildings insurance is intended to offer financial security in the event that the walls, roof, or floors of your home sustain damage. It typically also covers damage to fittings and fixtures.

Building insurance is a requirement of your mortgage.

Whilst contents cover is everything that’s inside your house: furniture, art, electronics, jewellery for example. The best way to think about it is if you were to tip your house upstairs and shake it, everything that would fall out because they’re not fixed, would be covered under contents cover.

A popular option is to have buildings and contents combined.

 What does home insurance cover?

A home insurance policy usually covers damages covered by:

  • Storm
  • Escape of water
  • Theft or vandalism
  • Fire and smoke
  • Falling trees and branches
  • Collison

However, every insurer will have their own terms and you will need to double check your policy wording to check what you’re covered.

What is accidental damage cover?

Accidental damage is basically what it says on the tin, it’s when your home is damaged by accident. It’s usually something that’s a single event and a one off event such as spilling wine on your carpet or a ball smashing one of your windows.

It won’t cover something where there’s been a lack of care such as your roof is leaking because you’ve failed to care for it or didn’t get it fixed when it was a smaller issue.

If you’re looking for home insurance, don’t hesitate to get in touch with us. As well as home insurance, we can also arrange landlord insurance for your rental properties.

Call us on 01270 443510 or complete our enquiry form and we’ll be in touch as soon as possible.

Get in touch about Home Insurance

Before you supply any personal details to us via the contact us page on this website please read our customer Privacy Notice in the footer. This notice sets out how we will process your personal data in line with the General Data Protection Regulations. Once you have read the customer privacy notice, please tick to confirm that you have read it and that you agree to Amplo Mortgages processing your personal information for the purpose of contacting you. We will not use the details you provide us in the contact page to market to you *

2 + 1 =

Contact Details:

11 Mallard Way, Mallard Way,
Crewe, CW1 6ZQ

01270 443510

Refer a Friend!

Refer your friends and family to us and receive a £75 One4All Voucher as a thank you.

Terms & Conditions Apply

Follow Us: